Sunday, December 18, 2011

Getting caught up...starting with my December ride!

I've got a backlog of blog-worthy "stuff" dating back to the first weekend of the month when Chris and I did a December ride together.  The weather was looking to be in the mid-40s and clear on Sunday, December 4th.  We had a few errands to run, including a stop over at Tractor Supply Company to pick up some John Deere yellow spray paint, so we decided to "take the long way" to run our errands and pick up some lunch in the process, all while riding the Concours.

I "layered up" for this ride and eschewed the heated gear for temps in the mid-40s.

Heading north on PA 550.

Riding past Standing Ovation Equestrian Center on PA 550.

One of the many barns along PA 550 between 322 and our house.

McCormick's Pond

We stopped at Carson's Corner for petrol and then rode through Waddle to get back to PA 550.

We took PA 550 into Bellefonte where we picked up PA 144.

On our way through Axemann headed toward Centre Hall and lunch!

I thought this toy soldier decoration was adorable!

All smiles during our lunch stop at Brother's in Centre Hall.  Check out my Pippi braids!

Chris does love an unlimited refills beverage!

Chris enjoyed a buffalo chicken stromboli.

While I opted for two Sicilian slices of Hawaiian pizza.

After stopping at Tractor Supply for our spray paint, we made our way to PA 45.

One of many barns along PA 45.
We took PA 45 to Marengo Road to make our way back home.  It was a great ride and a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon combining the necessary evil of running errands with what's quickly become one of our favorite ways to spend time together - on two wheels!  And now I can say that I've ridding in December!  Chris tells me that January isn't that bad...that we typically have an "Indian Summer"-ish kind of weekend in the 40s.  He tells me it's February that I need to worry about in my quest to be a year-round rider.  We'll see!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment