Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hug the people that matter!

So...I'm feeling a little contemplative today. Yesterday, one of our dear friends underwent heart bypass surgery.  (He came through with flying colors and is already on the mend!) It brought back a flood of memories from December 2001 when my dad - then 52 - went in for triple (became quadruple) bypass surgery. It was a hellish morning - with all of the waiting and worrying, not to mention saying "we'll see you in a few hours" in the pre-op area with all four of us in tears. I could imagine what our friend's wife and children were going through yesterday and I certainly did not envy them.   


On top of that, another dear friend of mine is going through a terrible loss - her best friend's boyfriend passed away yesterday afternoon. The best friend - R - came home from work when her boyfriend didn't answer his phone or respond to texts.  R found him seated at the table in front of his laptop; he was gone. I can't even begin to imagine...


Needless to say, I came home and hugged Chris extra tight last night. And I'm looking forward to hugging my parents when they come to visit this weekend. There are plenty other people who matter to me. You're probably one of them. So the next time I see you, I'll hug you. Be ready for it. And hug me back, OK?

No comments:

Post a Comment